Shampooing (Synthetic wigs)
We recommend a wig cleansing shampoo, which you are able to purchase from us. Wash your wig approximately every two weeks as natural oils can clog in the weft or hand tied area of your wig caps.
Washing your wig cap is highly recommended after 14 full days of wear. Natural oils can clog in the weft or hand tied area of your wig caps, so washing your wig will prevent this and bad odour. We recommend that you use moisturising products as well to keep the hair sleek and healthy looking. Take care when opening an oven, of steam from boiling water, open fires, spotlights, solariums, candles and garden patio heaters as the heat can damage synthetic wigs.
• Turn your wig inside out
• Add shampoo to a small bowl of tepid water
• Soak the wig for 5 minutes and gently squeeze the cap
• Wash twice then rinse in cold water
• Add balm to cold water
• Soak the wig for 2 minutes and gently squeeze the cap
• Rinse in cold water
• Blot and towel dry then apply a spray leave in conditioner
• Shake and brush your wig
1. Add a little balsalm into 1L of luke warm water.
2. Allow 10 mins to work, then rinse thoughroughly as above.
3. Blot gently into a towel, do NOT rub or brush whilst wet.
1. Turn wig out and give a gentle shake.
2. Place on an open wig stand and use fingers to style
3. Leave to dry (generally overnight)
4. Then Condition for protection and sheen.
In short bursts, spray the strands and tips of dry hair with conditioner, from a distance of 10cms. You can use special fibre hair spray to hold a style if needed, again be careful not to use ordinary hairspray.
Do not over brush your wig, as this can cause damage, just lightly brushing it keeps the hair looking more natural. Our brushes are widely spaced bristles and are great for creating volume to your wig.
Once you have purchased your beautiful wig it is important to keep it looking good. You can wash and style your wig trouble free provided you follow the care instructions.
It is advisable that you come and see us for maintenance every 6 months or alternatively post your wig to us. We will service the wig, keeping it from dryness, split ends on human hair and frizz on mono fibre hair, looking the best it can. Call us to book 01252 331302.